Wise F & I Consumer Privacy Statement
Information We Collect About You
If you are a customer, we collect certain information about you, such as your full name, primary residence mailing address, phone number(s) and email address as needed to provide our products and services to you. Credit card and/or checking account information utilized for processing payment is accomplished through a third party and is not retained by us.
The above information is collected from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information we receive from you verbally;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We may use your personal information to:
- process and administer your order for our products and services;
- verify your identity and protect against fraud;
- provide the products and services you request;
- contact you about future Wise F & I identity protection and insurance products and services; and
- conduct quality testing and improve our products and services.
To Whom May We Disclose
We do not sell your personal information. We may disclose (applying to both current
customers and former customers) the above information to our service providers who help us provide our products and services. We may also disclose that information:
- In accordance with your express instructions or consent, or the express
- instructions or consent of your authorized representative;
- For fraud prevention;
- To carry out transactions requested by you; and
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Information Used For Marketing
We may disclose the above information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
By responding to offers of products or services of our affiliates or non-affiliated third
parties, you may be disclosing your personal information directly to them. Use and disclosure of your information by them in connection with their products and services is governed by their respective privacy policies. We do not control their use or disclosure of that information.
Consumer’s Right to Opt Out
If you prefer that we not disclose the above information about you to affiliated and
nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of these disclosures. That is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than those permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties, you may email Wise F & I at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wise F & I at (888) 427-2037.
Additionally, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies are permitted to include your name on lists used by creditors or insurers to make firm offers of credit or insurance that are not initiated by you (“Firm Offers”). The FCRA also provides you the right to opt out, which prevents Consumer Credit Reporting Companies from providing your credit file information for firm offers. Through www.optoutprescreen.com, you may request to:
- Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers for Five (5) Years (electronically through this web site);
- Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers permanently (mail Permanent Opt-Out Election form, available through this web site); and/or
- Opt-In and be eligible to receive Firm Offers. This option is for consumers who have previously completed an Opt-Out request ( electronically through this web site).
If you choose to opt-out, you will no longer be included in firm offer lists provided by these consumer credit reporting companies. If you are not receiving firm offers because you have previously completed a request to opt out, you can request to opt in. For questions, call 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com.